In order to have control of your life you need to practice positive thinking. Focus on all your accomplishments and strengths in order to build your positive energy. Check out these tips to help you become a more positive thinker.
1. Be sure to take care of you. It is much easier to have a positive attitude if you are healthy. Eat right, get plenty of exercise, and make sure to get enough sleep each night.
2. Keep yourself from using absolutes. Do not say things like “you never do this!” or “you always do that!” Because of course, it is not true. When you tell someone they never do something or they always do something, not only does it make them feel like not trying, but it makes you feel more sure that they never do anything right. When you feel this way about a person, it also makes you feel bad about yourself.
3. Get rid of bad thoughts. Don’t allow yourself to think things like people are staring at me, people think I’m strange, people are laughing at me or any other thoughts that you allow in your head that are negative. The self imagined thoughts only cause you pain. Think of it this way, what other people think about you, is none of your business. The only thing that matters is what you think about yourself, so keep a positive.
4. Do some volunteer work. When you volunteer or help other people, it makes you feel better about yourself. It makes you feel like you have more control over yourself and doing the right thing.
5. Get out of the house more. Don’t spend all your time working or sitting in the house alone. The more time you spend alone or working without any fun or socializing activities, the more out of control your life starts to feel.
Take time to do things that help other people and yourself. Take time to get control of your life by doing positive things that make you feel more confident in yourself. The more confident you feel, the more control you will have over everything in your life.